Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Kamp - 2008

OK, not like it's a surprise to anyone reading this blog, but I've got Western States on the Brain. Quad didn't work out this year due to family "issues" over the thanksgiving holiday so I decided it was as good a time as any to throw down a 100 mile week and test my fitness at the end. In a nutshell, here's how it went:

Sat. Nov. 22 - 16 miles in Adams' Gulch. Smooth, steady.
Sun. Nov. 23 - 14 Miles on the Peterson Ridge Rumble Course. Cold, windy, beautiful.
Mon. Nov. 24 - 15 Miles at Cape Perpetua on the Oregon Coast. Old Growth trees, etc..
Tue. Nov. 25 - 16 miles on the Pacific Coast Highway. Hills, wind, fog...Fun:)
Wed. Nov. 26 - 15 miles at Cape Perpetua. Repeat of Monday...
Thu. Nov. 27 - 14 miles up and back on Forest Service Road (Old Skool!)
Fri. Nov. 28 - 10 miles on roads with 5K road race in the middle (17:30) 3rd place.

Now, I'm glad to be back in Idaho nestled comfortably at 6000 ft. I'll try to keep up the volume in December before getting in to training mode after the new year. Wow, this is fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

17:30?!?! Folks we could have a race on our hands at WTC.... No 10 minute handicap needed for you my friend!

AJW said...

Yup, 17:30. Got beaten by a 19 year old community college kid who ran a 16:45 and a 13 year old stud who sprinted away from me with 50 meters to go and finished in 17:25. Watch out for me at Cool!

AJW

Brad Mitchell said...

Nice work -I'm already looking forward to the track sessions!