Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Update

Lots going on in the JW household over the past few weeks and blogging and running have taken a backseat to life and all its twists and turns. But, with a light at the end of the tunnel and school starting on Monday, hope springs eternal. A few random thoughts/comments/etc...

-Obviously, I was a DNS for PB and Waldo. Family time conspired to get in the way of racing and I hope Ken appreciated my $200 contribution to the cause.

-The LT race looked like it was incredible. Anton went for it and Duncan ran strong throughout. In addition, it looks like Neal Gorman has a legitimate shot at Kulak's Grand Slam record especially if the new Wasatch course is as easy as everyone says it is. Then again, as I told Joe after Scott took his three-hour nap at Lamb's, that's why we run the races...Stay tuned on that. Until the record is broken, Joe's still the Man.

-I, for one, can't wait to see how Geoff does at Mont Blanc. My money's on him to win as I know from firsthand experience that he is the best closer in the business and Kilian's issues at WS could still be lingering. Then again, he's only 22 and perhaps rhabdo goes through those guys faster.

-As for me, I am flirting with a return to Grand Teton 100 if life allows as I understand it will be the last time Jay and Lisa host that distance out at Grand Targhee. And then, later in the Fall, again if life allows, I'd like to see if the Bear and Javelina work for 100's and if Firetrails and the NF 50 in SF work for 50's. We'll see.

In the meantime, I hope you are all enjoying the late summer High Country and that life is good!

2 comments:

Matt Hart said...

i think killian is doing alright..
http://yfrog.com/20d0snj

Rod Bien said...

Good to hear you are rolling along out there. For sure, I was bummed to see you not go for the Grand Slam record as you were definitely poised for it. I took great confidence to being around your time at Leadville even if you had run about 18 100 milers already last summer. If I'm around your time, I know I'm at least getting better. Anyway, hope you get to run Bear and maybe I'll see you out at Firetrails.