Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Recharging

August is the time to recharge. After Vermont and two weeks relaxing on Cape Cod I am back in Idaho and feeling good. It's time. The last few weeks have been filled with family time and school planning and now I feel like I am in the home stretch of summer. That's good. It's always a bittersweet time for me as I know I will miss the time for training but also get psyched up as the new school year approaches. As this will be my third year here in Sun Valley I feel more comfortable going in to the new year.

As for the training, it's certainly time to do some hard work to get ready for Wasatch. With Mr. Skaggs on the entrants list the race is shaping up to be a great race for second place. But, nonetheless, I still need to do the work. In the next few weeks I hope to get some quality runs on the Wasatch course and spend significant time in the high country here in the Wood River Valley. It's actually the best time of year to get up into the Sawtooths and Pioneers (at least, if you like to go there when there's no snow!) I am also looking forward to connecting with old friends at the Outdoor Retailer Show in SLC this weekend.

So, all in all, life is good. These are the Dog Days of August and a great time for big miles.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

looks like Skaggs' name is no longer on the list. i was kind of looking forward to getting my @ss kicked by him but i guess it's kind of nice for the rest of us to have a chance. drop me a line on my blog if you want to get together for a run on the course anytime after august 21st. i'll be down there from then until race day.