Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mileage for the year!

It's fun at this time of year to look around on all the blogs and see what people are thinking about as they go into the last few days of the year and consider their yearly mileage totals. While I know it is completely arbitrary, we runners are an odd breed and some of us like to think about finishing the year with some kind of round/meaningful/funny number. I guess it says something about those of us who bother adding this stuff up through the year and I'd be curious to hear what some of you are thinking about for the last four days of 2009.

So, here's my deal, I am sitting on 3430 miles for the year with four days to go. I must say, 3500 is a pretty sweet looking number but it means I'd need to belt out 70 miles over the next four days.

What do you think, should I go for it?

7 comments:

JWW said...

Quit wasting time reading blogs and go out and get those 70 miles!

Josh

Craig Thornley said...

How does this total compare with your last few years? Regardless, if it matters to you what the total is then go bang out the 70 miles. You'll forget about it soon enough.

knix05 said...

3500 miles ! Very strong. Just do it !
I run this year 1700 km only !

brownie said...

Hell yeah go do it! 70 miles in four days is nuthin' for you.

Michael Alfred said...

Why don't you just rattle off an extra 1,500 to hit 5k for the year?

Burton said...

I'm a big believer in rounding up. :) I say relax and enjoy the school vacation days.

TonyP said...

Go get it Andy!