Sunday, July 10, 2011

Nick Clark!

They don't get much tougher than this guy. I am psyched for him and his incredible accomplishment over the past 15 days.

As for me, I hope to be able to do the WS/HRH double next year. Not like I will ever beat his time (I don't think anyone will!) but because there is no better way to spend the best three weeks of the year than running WS and HRH.

Nick is an honest-to-goodness class act who knows how to train, how to race, how to listen and how to live. And, along the way, he also pays attention, has gotten a grip on patience, and keeps the leash flexible. There are always guys in this sport who come and go, we've, sadly, seen more of them in the past few years, I am certain that Nick is here to stay and I am honored to call him a friend.

Buddy, see you in Squaw (and hopefully, in Silverton)

AJW

5 comments:

Jasper Halekas said...

AJW,

On behalf of everyone who has come and gone, let me just say that not all of us left on our own terms. Knees don't always cooperate.

Congrats to Nick on a huge one-two combo, and let's hope he stays exactly as long as he wants to.

-J

Jasper Halekas said...

And, by the way, congrats to you. I hear you finished in the top ten seven times in a row at some race or other. ;)

GZ said...

Regarding the Bronze Brit - amen.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

My name is Gena and I work for a tri store online. I happened upon your blog and enjoyed reading about running in your life! Anyway, I am contacting you to see if you are interested in a simple sponsorship. Please let me know at sponsorships@onetri.com. I just wanted to note that you have been selected as you met our specific guidelines. If you are interested just send me a quick note and I’ll send you more details about the potential sponsorship.

Safe and Happy Running

Unknown said...

Had the pleasure of meeting Nick at Ghost Town in 2010. A thoroughly great guy. he had blown all of us (including AJW, as I recall) off the course but afterwards was more interested in hearing about my race than in telling me about his!
You are spot on, AJW, as Nick is one of the nice guys.