Sunday, July 11, 2010

Going back to Vermont!

OK, I'll admit it, I was bummed to not get into Hardrock this year and given how the race unfolded this weekend I am doubly bummed. But, that's life as an ultrarunner and we all need to move on. That's what I am doing now.

With work and family taking me back East on Tuesday I thought it would be a good time to return to the VT100 for my 5th attempt at that race. While it's not Hardrock it is, nonetheless, a Classic and a race that I have always held near and dear to my heart. Heck, it's the first 100 miler I ever won and that feels pretty good.

I have no idea how things will unfold on race day with a bunch a fast guys up front but I do know I am fully recovered from Western States and I feel the pull of the 100 mile distance hard in my gut every day when I head out to the ridges and valleys around Sun Valley. My mom and dad will crew me and I'll go "old-school" with no pacer and hope that the magic of the Green Mountains shines on me again.

This has been a great summer so far and I see no reason to stop any time soon.

Hope you're all enjoying an awesome time on the trails!

3 comments:

brownie said...

Rumor has it you won?????

zagbag said...

Ultrarunning has it listed as a V for AJW with 16:01! Congrats you BA! Now you have to come to Leadville!

Neal Gorman said...

Andy- fine work in Vermont. Enjoy the Cape. Send me your email so I can forward you a few funny pics my sister Margaret took. nealgorman@hotmail.com